How We Can Help

Builder pointing to external property issues at house in Manchester

If you are a tenant and your property is in need of repair you may be entitled to compensation if you have already notified your council or housing association landlord of the problems and your landlord has failed to carry out repairs within a reasonable period of time. We operate on a no win no fee basis and offer a free home survey to assess any damage.

We have been helping Claimants for almost 50 years and our experienced specialist property team include lawyers who have acted for some of the country’s largest social landlords as well as their insurance companies deal with housing disrepair and property damage claims. Our unique skill set and experience gives us a unique insight into how landlords deal with issues and complaints commonly made by tenants and enables us to resolve disputes efficiently and swiftly, ensure repairs are completed effectively by the landlord at no cost to you and enable us to get you the compensation that you are legally entitled to.

We work with the very best independent property surveyors from across the country to ensure your home will be promptly and thoroughly inspected and a detailed survey report will be provided to record all aspects of disrepair and ensure that the property is repaired to your satisfaction and that you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible.

If you have suffered damage to your personal belongings or household contents, suffered from illness, injury or stress as a result of your landlord’s failure to repair your home and you want to get your property repaired and make a claim for compensation please speak with one our friendly specialist lawyers now. Our experts offer "No Win No Fee" when claiming compensation in housing disrepair claims which means that if your claim is not successful you will not have to pay anything.

For help, advice or guidance on housing disrepair related issues please contact us

About us

GLP Solicitors building in Manchester

Tenant Compensation services are provided by GLP, a specialist law firm providing top quality legal services to clients throughout the country since 1970. We have helped our clients recover £millions in compensation.

Our specialist property lawyers have many years’ experience dealing with housing disrepair and other property damage claims on behalf of tenants and landlords as well as insurance companies. We regularly advise and educate landlords on their legal obligations and the consequences of failing to comply with relevant legislation.

Our unique experience and skillset sets us apart from many other law firms and enables us to resolve disputes as swiftly as possible and ensures that we can obtain the best solutions for tenants of properties suffering from disrepair related issues.

We want to ensure that your landlord complies with its legal obligations to ensure your home is properly maintained for you and your family. We will appoint a local independent qualified property surveyor to inspect your home and provide a report on the property ensuring that any defects within your home, for which your landlord is responsible are swiftly identified and repaired properly at no cost to you. We will also ensure that you get the compensation that you are entitled to.

Request a callback

Fill in your details below and our
specialist team will be in touch shortly.